Sunday, December 27, 2009

Wine Bottle in crate cake





This was my first attempt at the wine bottle. This was a german chocolate cake with coconut and pecan filling, chocolate ganache and chocolate butter cream icing. This was constructed out of two cakes the first was cut into a wine bottle shape and then covered in green fondant. I painted it using a blue and green food coloring gel and vodka. The label was made out of gumpaste. I uses a edible marker to write on the label. The 2nd cake was cut into a box shaped, then covered in fondant. I painted the brown and white marbled fondant with brown food coloring gel and vodka. The straw was made out of gumpaste and the cigars were made out of fondant. i need to work on my bottle shaping a little better next time and not make the crate cake so big.

No comments:

Post a Comment